As an instructor here at Libertas I am truly thankful that I can share with our students how their God given abilities can gently and powerfully speak Christ’s love to a lost and dying world. Each week my students surprise and amaze me with their creative ideas and thoughtful projects. I want to provide a God centered artistic learning environment for our students to grow and appreciate how our Creator has equipped them to share their unique talents through the use of art. Furnishing each student with biblical discernment to appreciate true talent and to seek godly praise rather than the praise of men. As our moniker implies, instructors at Libertas are free to share how the Lord has changed and worked in their lives knowing any labor done in the name of Christ will yield eternal benefits beyond our earthly days.
- Grand Rapids Community College – Associates in Elementary Education
- Art for Elementary Teachers with Professor Kris Dumstra, not a required course
- Lakeland Community College, Mattoon, IL. -Practicum for Elementary Education, required six weeks in classroom observing, creating lesson plans and teaching lessons, grading, working with students.
- Years of Teaching Experience – 5 years. I am in my fifth year of teaching, and being constantly blessed by my students who show great promise and talent.
- Family – husband, Doug, two ingenious sons: Lane an alumnus of Freedom Christian School, currently a junior, dual enrolled at Grace College/Trine University, Winona Lake, Indiana seeking a Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering, and John “JT” who currently attends West Michigan Aviation Academy and Kent Career Tech Center studying aviation maintenance instruction.
- Subjects Currently Teaching – Art